e.g. A family of two purchases a new home with a Watercycle and a mortgage of 7%. If the watercycle cost $700 installed the return for a family of two would be approximately 11% of the installed cost per year if they are using an efficient water head of 10.5 litres/min.
The same family using an average showerhead would see a return of about 19% annually based on the $700.
These numbers represent a minimal savings in the average home. The numbers from a family of four can be exceptional.
- A hot water tank is either on or off and has the same output of BTU no matter how much energy is required in the tank.
- The hot water tank will be on less because fewer BTU will be required due to the pre-heated water in the tank.
- The watercycle can also reduce or eliminate cold water shock in the tank.
- The extended life of the hot water tank will ensure there are fewer hot water tanks ending up in landfills.
The Watercycle will reduce the stress on a tankless hot water heater by ensuring the water entering the device is always pre-heated and in its perfect operating temperature. When placed under significant demand, a tankless heater can struggle maintaining output temperatures as input temperatures fall to 6°C or less.
- Ideal cold water input for a tankless hot water heater is 70°F.
- Tankless hot water heaters are installed in Canada assuming a 40°F cold water input. A Watercycle can pre-heat incoming cold water from 42.8°F (6°C) to 73.4°F (23°C).
- The Watercycle can keep the tankless hot water heater operating at its optimum no matter how cold the water is entering the home. Depending on the size of the tankless, the Watercycle can increase output from 25% to 50% by pre-heating the water.
The Watercycle, when properly installed, will provide 70°F or better regardless of how cold the incoming water is.
Increases the efficiency of a geo-thermal system and extends the days a solar system can provide hot water 100% without back-up.
By consuming less energy, the hot water heater will send less carbon emissions into the air shrinking the footprint of the homeowner or business on the environment.
The Watercycle is made of 100% copper which is readily recyclable and because copper has its own intrinsic value it will ensure that many years down the road, the Watercycle will become part of another product to be used again.